Posted by Adrien de Croy (Import) on 01 August 2007 08:54 PM
Since Version 5.x WinGate licenses have been sold with Version Protection. Version protection is a mechanism to future proof your license. So if you purchase a license on the 3rd of August 2007 then the version protection will entitle you to any new feature Qbik releases for your license type until the 3rd of August 2008 – whether for a minor or major version. It can also be renewed via an online "Upgrade/Renew a licence wizard"; that wizard can be found on this web page.
Version Protection costs:
- Free when you purchase a new WinGate license.
- Renewals within 90 days of expiring will cost 25% of price.
- Renewals after it has expired and will cost 40% of the price.
Enabling the Version Protection in your installation:
When Qbik releases a new major version that is controlled by version, then the customers who have a valid Version Protection policy will need to do the following to enable their license.
- Navigate to the purchasing page.
- Select the “Upgrade/Renew a licence” link.
- Enter your license key and licensee name.
- Select Version Protection – it will be free.
- Complete wizard.
- Navigate to the License Manager application in WinGate
- Select your license and then click the Reactivate button
- You will be prompted to restart the WinGate engine so that it can pick up the new licensing.