Resticting WinGate Internet Client use of Programs
Posted by Adrien de Croy (Import) on 30 January 2004 05:47 PM
To stop clients from being able to use certain applications and programs through WinGate, when they are using the WinGate Internet Client applet you will need to do the following:
- Open GateKeeper on the WinGate server
- Open up the WinSock Redirector Service found on the System tab.
- Open the policies tab
- Underneath the window in the middle of the dialog make sure that the Default Rights (System Policies) are set to Are Ignored, then click on the Add button below.
The in new dialog Properties of new recipient will appear.
- Select the appropriate user or group with whom you wish to restrict application use.
- Click on the Ban tab
- Put a tick in the Enable ban list check box at the top and then click the Add button.
The Criterion dialog will appear
Select This criterion IS met if option
- From the first drop down menu select CLIENT APPLICATION NAME.
- From the Second drop down menu select CONTAINS.
- In the last box type the application name you wish to restrict into the last text box
- Click OK to exit through previous dialogs.
- Save changes in Gatekeeper