Removing the WGIC Control panel Icon
Posted by Adrien de Croy (Import) on 30 January 2004 05:44 PM
Unless the WinGate Internet Client applet is disabled manually before you attempt to uninstall then in some cases it can leave the WGIC icon in the control panel after the uninstall is complete. To remove it do the following:
- Open the Windows control panel on the machine which WGIC was installed.
- Open the WGIC by double clicking on the appropriate icon.
- Remove the Enable WinGate Internet Client, and Launch the WinGate dialup monitor. (So these are not initiated on startup).
- Open the Advanced tab, click the Reset Client button.
- Click OK
- Search the C drive (or appropriate drive where the WGIC was installed, and the system drive of the machine).
- Run a search for files and folders called wgclient.*
- Delete any Wgclient files when they are found.
- Reboot the machine.